Saturday 8 February 2014

Scandinavian Style Quilt


It's finally finished! The red and grey sofa quilt has been machine pieced, hand quilted and edged in a stripey binding ready to snuggle up on the sofa with.  

I like machine piecing during the summer so that I can hand quilt in front of the fire during the winter. It's a very simple design of squares and rectangles edged with a figured white cotton.  


But I can't rest on my laurels because I have another quilt to finish and a new one to start for a very special person.....  


All my patchwork and quilting inspiration is on my Pinterest board HERE

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I like that you said you hand quilt. Seems like not many do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. It beats machine quilting every time :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.