Sunday 14 December 2008

Yet more about collaborations and commissions

My good friend and glass artist Lawatha makes the most wonderful fused glass pendants and her signature designs are beautiful silhouettes in sepia or black on opal glass.



Like most glass artists worth her salt, Lawatha does suffer from copy cats and has found, like most of us, that the internet is not just a great way to get your work seen but it also a great way for others to copy. Now, Lawatha knows that she does not have copyright for "off the peg" designs but it is a bit galling when others use these designs along with her titles and descriptions too.




So I sent Lawatha some drawings I had made of some of MY original artwork so that she could test them and see if they fused onto glass. Here you see my "Circles Tree" design and also "FrouFrou Fish" (our little joke). Like the professional artist Lawatha is, she respects my copyright and has the right to use my designs and sell her glass.



Here is what she made. I was absolutely bowled over by her pendants and I hope they sell really well for her.


If you would like to commission me to draw some original artwork for you please contact me and I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

3 comments:

  1. The pendants with your designs turned out really well- which was no surprise to me, considering the quality of the artwork you loaned me. Your clean lines and wonderful designs are a pleasure to work with, and I appreciate your generosity in letting me "play" with them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawatha - you are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two make a great team! Both the drawings and the pendants are beautiful works of ART! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments - I love to hear from you.